Center for Faith, Work and Economics
国产偷拍视频Talbot School of Theology’s Center for Faith, Work and Economics exists to equip churches to help Christians live integrated lives – at home, in their communities and in the workplace.
国产偷拍视频Building upon biblical truth and strategic thinking, The Talbot Center for Faith, Work and Economics is resourcing local churches with work and vocation theology, strategies, tools and plans in order to transform the local church, its people and the communities in which they live and serve.
国产偷拍视频As professionals trained in sound theology, experienced in leading change and effective discipleship, The Talbot Center is an advocate for the pastor and the local church.
Since there is no one right way, pastors and church leaders are led in a process to discern the best way to integrate this within the culture and context of their own church, engage people behind the vision and launch efforts for long term sustainability and fruitfulness. Hidden barriers are considered, misalignments identified and obstacles addressed hindering the church in effectively moving forward in the area of work and vocation.
Their strategic approach ensured that a biblical understanding of work has become a part of our culture and integrated into our church, and not just another program.”
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.”
Ministry is really work. Any work that I do for Christ is ministry.”
Serving the Local Church
Led by Director Helen Mitchell and Professor Scott Rae, the Center for Faith, Work and Economics aims to serve pastors and their ministry teams with biblical wisdom gained during more than three decades of combined experience in academia, the local church and business.
The center’s approach of “Faith@Work” is not another ministry, but a way of life, a calling and a means for discipleship. We recognize that faith, work and economics are fundamental to our gospel mission and creation mandate. When Christians understand the role that faith can play in the workplace, the result is culture and life-changing. The pastor and the local church play an important and influential role in developing this understanding.
Supporting churches through:
- Pastor to Pastor Network
- Half-day conferences and workshops
- Keynote speakers
- Development of videos, curriculum, articles and books for the benefit of the local church
国产偷拍视频Want to learn more? Contact Director Helen Mitchell to discuss how the Center for Faith, Work and Economics can serve your church.
Through its resources, the Talbot Center for Faith, Work and Economics offers a three-part strategy for churches and church leaders: establish, develop and grow.
- A transformative biblical understanding as an imperative for the local church.
- A sense of urgency and mission aligned around a broader vision.
- A faith, work and economics foundation integrated into the culture and calling of the local church.
- An understanding of and ability to address the barriers and deeply held beliefs holding churches back.
- A cohesive team and coalition to establish momentum.
- An understanding of marketplace realities, effective discipleship strategies and effective application.
- Systemically, strategically and biblically based plans that are intentional, sustainable and fruitful.
- Organizational competency.
- By equipping and assisting in the creation of tools, knowledge and resources.
- By communicating strategies, plans and initiatives to resource, equip and empower their congregations.
- By helping individuals believe and live an intentional and integrated life.
- By leveraging credibility to build vision and enroll noncommitted.
Helen M. Mitchell
国产偷拍视频Helen Mitchell is a speaker, author, consultant to business leaders and pastors, and a voice for women in the marketplace, helenmitchell.org. In addition to serving as director of the Center for Faith, Work and Economics, she is also founder and CEO of Strategic Management Resources, a strategy and management consulting firm in Orange County, California, as well as the architect and visionary of the Saddleback@Work ministry, the workplace ministry at Saddleback Church. Helen has a long record of business and leadership success, beginning with her days at AT&T, where she became a vice president at the age of 30 and ran a half billion-dollar branch by the age of 35. She holds an M.A. in organizational leadership from Biola University and an M.A. in biblical and theological studies from Talbot School of Theology.
Scott B. Rae
Scott Rae is a noted Christian scholar and ethicist whose interests focus primarily on business, calling, vocation and bioethics. He has spoken and written extensively on the role of faith in the workplace, and is the author of such books as Business for the Common Good; The Virtues of Capitalism: A Moral Case for Free Markets; Introducing Christian Ethics; and Beyond Integrity: A Judeo-Christian Approach to Business Ethics. He holds a Ph.D. and M.A. in social ethics from the University of Southern California, and Th.M. in Old Testament from Dallas Theological Seminary, and a B.A.S. in economics from Southern Methodist University. Scott has served in a variety of teaching and leadership roles, including a term as president of the Evangelical Theological Society in 2015.
Pastor to Pastor Network
国产偷拍视频The Pastor to Pastor Network — an initiative of the Talbot School of Theology Center for Faith, Work and Economics — exists to create a platform and community for pastors to collaborate for the execution, integration and application of meaningful faith, work and vocation into their local church. Together, this network of pastors partner together to help equip their church members live integrated lives: at home, in their communities and in the workplace.
What We Provide
- Regular gatherings of pastors who minister in the marketplace
- Access to customized tools, resources and materials for use in your local church
- A platform for sharing of ideas, strategies and work
How You Benefit
- Collaboration. By facilitating peer-to-peer collaboration, the network gives pastors an opportunity to share ideas and leverage strengths.
- Execution. The network offers practical, realistic strategies to help pastors integrate — not just think about — faith, work and vocation in the local church.
- Simplicity. By pooling ideas and resources, the network helps pastors and churches accomplish more while doing less.
Join the Network!
国产偷拍视频Contact Director Helen Mitchell to get involved.